These days social media has become imperative for social networking and sharing of contents with the rest of the World. The Internet-based social media has also allowed the expansion of communication between consumers and businesses.
The stand-out benefits for usage of social media by businesses include:
1. Building of brand awareness amongst consumers.
2. Improved engagement with customers and increased lead generation.
3. Easily obtainable customer feedback and real-time communication.
4. Ability to customise the offering to the consumers.
As a business, it is crucial to take advantage of social media, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and others in order to increase the awareness of your brand in the minds of the consumers and develop its overall presence.
Before embarking on this journey in cyber space, a well thought-out marketing strategy should be developed so that the activities undertaken reach your target audience. Smart usage of social media allows personalised and effective promotion of your brand.
Therefore, pause and consider your business and its offering in light of the following questions:
1. What are you trying to achieve?
2. What message does your business want to deliver?
3. What is your point of difference?
4. Which group of consumers is your target audience?
5. What information do you need to deliver in order to engage with your target audience?
6. Are there any current or past customers or even suppliers who are prepared to endorse your business?
Once you establish a plan of action and commence its execution, you must ensure that tools measuring the success of implementation of your strategy are utilised. Engage, listen, create and nurture relationships and consumers will follow you!